Born in 1991, Swastik Pal is a graduate from Calcutta University, India.
After completing his post graduate diploma in mass communication from Jadavpur University, he received full scholarship to pursue Diploma in Photojournalism, at the Asian Center for Journalism, a World Press Photo partner organisation at Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
He is keenly interested in photography and filmmaking. Presently he is an independent photographer based in Calcutta, working on long term projects.
He was nominated for the Joop Swart World Press Masterclass in 2015 and 2017
He is currently pursuing a Masters in Film Studies from Jadavpur University, Calcutta.
Financial Times UK | Al Jazeera | Times of India | Open | Bbc | Galli | The Indian Express | Private Photo Review | Sunday Guardian | Tasveer Journal | Silvershotz | indiatimes.com | Better Photography | Quartz | MSN Weather | The Hindu – Blink | Fountain Ink | Catch News | Getty Images | Livemint| Homegrown | Amazon | Save The Children | The Wire | Scoopwhoop | Down To Earth | Centre For Science and Environment | Barcroft Media | Espn |
- General Assembly of World Forum of Fisher Peoples(WFFP), New Delhi, 2017
- Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops Alumni projection, 2017
- Academy of Fine Arts – curated by Probir Gupta, Calcutta,2017
- Alliance Francaise , New Delhi- Gurgaon Centre,2016
- Indian Habitat Centre, Plaza steps,2016
- Pondy Photo, 2016
- Chennai Photo Biennale, 2016
- Ian Parry Scholarship finalist group print exhibition, London, 2015
- Angkor Photo Festival, 2015
- Photo Kathmandu, 2015
- Suwon International Photo Festival, South Korea, 2015
- National Institute of Design, India, 2015
- Documentary Arts Asia Gallery, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2015
- Obscura Festival of Photography, 2015
- Chiang Mai Documentary Arts Festival, 2015
- Cafe de flore, Alliance Francaise de Pondichéry, 2015
- Indira Gandhi International Centre for the Arts, New Delhi, 2014
- Delhi Photo Festival, 2013
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, Perth, 2011
- Invited for the Urban Water Workshop at the Chennai Photo Biennale, 2016
- Delhi Photo Festival workshop by Munem Wasif , 2013
- Angkor Photo Workshop, 2012
- Australian High Commission Workshop by Sam Harris, 2012
- Drik Workshop by Munem Wasif, India, 2012
- Changing Ideas Workshop by Kate Edward & Jonathon Torgovnik, India, 2011
Awards / Grants
- Nominated: Joop Swart World Press Master Class 2017
- Jury Commendation: The Toto awards in association with Tasveer, 2016
- Nominated: Joop Swart World Press Master Class 2015.
- NFI National Media Fellowship: 2015
- FP Magazine Photojournalism Category | Best Author: 2015
- Jury Commendation: The Toto awards in association with Tasveer, 2015
- MFI Yes Bank National Photo Contest: Honorable mention-Daily life, 2012
- Commonwealth Photographic Awards-Exhibition, 2011